More awesome stuff from the web. This time, we look at the sound of money, the dangers of social media, and a CAD program from the days when computers measured their memory in bites. Plus, some Harrison Ford.
- That there? That’s the sweet, sweet sound of internet commerce. Hear BitCoin transactions in real time. So how much do you think a BitCoin is really worth, anyway?
- The incredible social media cautionary tale of Adam Orth. The tl:dr version is that Adam Orth lost his job because he wasn’t thinking when he made some public tweets. I guess we can start counting the days till someone else ends up loosing their job because they didn’t pay enough attention to social media.
- When did you think the first CAD (Computer Assisted Design) program was made? 1983?1973? Sorry, you are off by a decade or so. Check out this video of the very first CAD program from 50 years ago. Really.
- Harry Potter Quidditch meme: AKA. Pottering. If the Russians had of had broom technology in the 80’s, Red Dawn would have been a very short (but even cooler) movie. Wolverines!!!!
- Hyper-lapse! Remember how we were saying last week that every city should have something like this?
Well, this is just a little bit closer to reality now.
- This video from a Learning Party Pop-Up at Hive NYC member NYSCI is the best explanation/demonstration of what we hope the Maker Party 2013 will be like: teens describing exploring their passions, skills, experience and fun in a Real World style “confession booth.” Plus, Webmaker Tools get a shout-out about five minutes in.
- Avengers get medieval of the medieval times:
- Check out this candid interview with
Han SoloHarrison Ford on Jimmy Kimmel that are in no way related to the new Star Wars movie.
- How Animals Eat Their Food: This just had me in stitches. And at 41 million hits, I’m guessing I’m not alone.
- And, because we’re all about mixing up art and science…
Also, we learned to count to 12 this week.
THE COOLEST STUFF ON THE WEB THIS WEEK